Buying another business allows your company to expand quickly, without waiting for internal growth, but it’s a big decision and includes taking risks. That’s why it makes sense to work with a dedicated professional team able to handle business acquisitions.
We can help you find a suitable business to buy or discreetly approach a company you have identified. Then we can help with all the commercial and financial due diligence necessary, so that you know enough about what it is that you are really buying. Our team can even help with sourcing the funding for the deal and handling all the legal documentation.
You want to make sure that you search out the best deal when you decide to sell, especially when you have been working hard over many years to make your company a success.
It is important to start talking now to a professional team who know about business sales, even if you are only just considering selling your business or retiring.
Prospective buyers will expect to appraise the operation, consequently your business may well need some re-arranging so that it is attractive for you to sell and for them to buy.
We can help to prepare your business for disposal so that it sells more easily, while at the same time securing the best value for you and your company.
We will work with you to identify potential buyers, then discreetly market the business and negotiate the deal with you and usually with other advisers and legal teams.
Like most people, you are probably aiming to enjoy a similar standard of living in retirement as you are during your working life but achieving it means that you need to plan well in advance.
If you are in business then deciding on the right strategy is essential to minimise disruption with colleagues, customers and suppliers. You should ask yoursef these questions;
- Will you withdraw from the business, leaving it for the next generation to manage or would you prefer to sell it?
- If you intend to hand the business over, do you have a practical workable succession plan?
- If you intend to sell, how will you value the business or find a suitable buyer?
- You also need to be aware of all the tax implications resulting from the timing of the disposal?
- Have you made adequate provision and how easy will it be to turn the assets into cash when you start to drawdown?
- Are you taking advantage of the pension tax breaks available to directors and business owners?
- Are you making full use of your allowances?
Savings and Investments
- Do you have the right mix between savings and investments, and between high and low risk products?
- Do you have Life Assurance and Long – Term Care plans?
- Have you made provision for medical insurance for you and your spouse in your later years?
We can help you through all of these issues and recommend solutions tailored to your specific needs. It would also be sensible to consider the below as part of your retirement strategy;
- estate planning